• Register Today It's free!

BUSTED lockouts!!!!

boogieman

Reaction score
City, State
Williamsburg, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
91' Explorer Sport
In my most recent offroad trip, I busted my front lockouts. I've already done the manual conversion with Milemarkers kit. Does anyone know how the warraty works with this brand of lockouts. Or how I can contact Milemarker.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think Mile Marker has a 1 year warranty. Give them a call: (800) 886-8647. Since hubs do blow up I'd recommend going with Warn because of the lifetime.

Welcome to the club! I have seen 3 MileMarkers blow up. Me Mart196 and TwotoneX.

huskyfan23 said:
I think Mile Marker has a 1 year warranty. Give them a call: (800) 886-8647. Since hubs do blow up I'd recommend going with Warn because of the lifetime.

Husky, so if we destroy a warn hub they will replace them???

Yes, Warn manual, not stock. They have a limited lifetime warranty. I've heard it's a no questions asked transaction.

huskyfan23 said:
Yes, Warn manual, not stock. They have a limited lifetime warranty. I've heard it's a no questions asked transaction.

Wow! Cool! I've seen people throw thiers away. Thanks!!!!!

My son's shop carries both the MM's and the Warns. They are running about at 20:1 rate of return for MM's to Warns. Though MM's look better than the Warns out of the box, they swell and explode on the trail much easier for some reason. Must be the metal type, or the drive engagement or something, but they will start to swell in the barrel before they blow...

I am running Warns based on his shop's recommendation.

thankx alot guys.

MM will replace them. Mine are about 3 years old and I just got them warrantied. Call that number and they will send one to you for a $50 deposit. When you get it, send them the old one and theyll refund you.

cool, I was worried when I called them because I've had mine for awhile. The guy I talked to said that they would send me a new set. However, he told me that they wouldn't last due to tire size.

I don't see what tire size has to do with it. People run bigger with WARN and do fine. Anyways, they're guaranteed for life. Break as many as you can!

yeah I know. I also thought that the conversion was an "upgade". I'm not gonna have to worry with much anymore since my wife is making me sell my lift and tires. So maybe this new set they're sending will last.

Back