Can I Swap 2016 Explorer Seats into my 2015 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can I Swap 2016 Explorer Seats into my 2015 Explorer?

zckry

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer (Base)
I have a base model 2015 Ford Explorer and it came with the tan cloth seats and I would love to swap them out for leather seats.

I can find all kinds of leather seats on feebay from various years but I'm not sure what years work or don't work across the 5th Gen Explorer's.

Currently, there are some black leather seats that were pulled from a 2016 Ford Explorer but the listing says it fits 2016-2017.

Do any of you know if the bolts all line up or if there are any other differences I should know about between the two years?

No, the main reason being in 2016 they changed the passenger occupancy sensor and 16 seats have each module programmed to the car. 13,14,15 will work. Make sure you disconnect the battery for ten minutes after you moved the seat back and forth to get the bolts out before unplugging the main seat connector. Of course proceed at your own risk!!

^^While that info may be useful to others checking this thread, I doubt the OP will see it. He was last seen here on September 30, 2017.;)

Peter

Back