changed fuel pump Advance Trac and ABS lights are on. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

changed fuel pump Advance Trac and ABS lights are on.

rhysup

Reaction score
Just changed the fuel pump on my 2005 Explorer 4.0 V6 and now the Advance Trac and ABS lights are on. The 4X4 high light also flashes....any ideas we have no clue why this is happening....

Did u pull a wheel off during the FP replacement? If so, thats where I would start. Look at wheel speed sensor.

didnt pull a wheel but we did have to rewire the pump back to the fuel reset pump....could not get the original power to work the pump...we think the shot pump may have burnt some wire out. We had first tried to rewire the pump back to the connector just below the passengers seat....see photos @
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59706018@N05/?s
but we could not get it to work so ended up wiring it to the reset switch.

I just took the said connector apart and put some air into it and that looks like it reset the advance trac but still have the abs illuminated...anybody know what this connector is called? I am not sure what my brother-in-law did with this connector i believe he was trying to connect the pump at this point it didnt work so he switch it to the reset switch...i am thinking this connector must include the wiring for the abs system possible rear wheels???

I will have to put it back in the garage and take it apart and re-look at the wiring

Back