Cyber's 1997 Mounty 5.0 AWD "Spanky" | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cyber's 1997 Mounty 5.0 AWD "Spanky"

Welp here we go again. New Ride for Cyber :D

After a bit of waiting I finally got her.

Hatch Date 12-12-96
Hatch Place Louisville KY

Specs:
1997 Mountianeer 5.0 AWD
5.0 with a Few Powder coated Pieces By Turdle
CAI Intake
Torque Monster Headers
Magnaflow Muffler replacing the Factory unit
Dick Cepek DC-1's 15x8
Timberline AT 31X10.50-15
3.73 "Performance" Axles
Leather Interior
"Upgraded" Stereo System ('nuff said :D)
Clear Corners in Front, Aftermarket Taillights
Miles? Lots :p:
3rd Documented Owner

A few Pics for now and I will update this some more later. If this Rig looks familiar to some it should be since I purchased this from Dan Whitaker :thumbsup:

2011-04-09122353.jpg

2011-04-09122425.jpg

2011-04-09122617.jpg

spankyengine2.jpg

2011-04-09154945.jpg

Let the Mods Begin :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those tail lights are looking good mate. Down here its mandatory to have those in your rear bumper if you have a tailgate mounted spare or a swing away spare tyre carrier.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those tail lights are looking good mate. Down here its mandatory to have those in your rear bumper if you have a tailgate mounted spare or a swing away spare tyre carrier.

Good to know i am Aussie Legal if i ever hit the lotto and get a wild hair :p:

So OK i finally got a chance to get by the house earlier this week and take Spanky for a run around town.

LadyCybergasm finally got to meet Turdle and Sparksaflyin' while we were there:thumbsup:

Welp the time came to leave and after an impromtu Drag race with Sparksaflyin':burnout: :D

I returned Spanky to his usual parking area shut him off for a second and then tried to restart it..........

and now i am saddled with a no start condition:(

thought it was fuel at first even tho the gauge was reading 1/4 tank but i added some more fuel anyways and it refired and ran for a few seconds then died again .

And now it acts like it wants to start but will not quite catch and run.

that all i have for now since i had to leave town in a hurry and had no time to do further diagnostics on it.

any ideas are welcomed here and i will try to get back to it soon and see whats up.

You might want to get a locking gas cap?? Not going to fix it,but it would/will keep some one from stealing your gas. Ask Dan if the gas gauge is right.

Should have left me a set of keys. Joshua and I could check on it start it up and move it from spot to spot???

Not sure on other semptum(sp) except bad battery,not charging. And just sitting there isn't the best for it. Send me a set of keys??:salute:

I never had a problem with the gas gauge. The fuel pump has 125-130k on it.

Well so I have had no issues with gas disappearing while sitting guage was reading just under
1/4 tank when the no start happened.

So with Dan saying the pump has a few miles on it that may be the culprit :dunno:
So as a precaution I may order a new pump from rock auto.

As for sending ya a set of keys Mark I have thought about this b4. Maybe I should do this ........hmmmm
I will get back to ya on it.

Atleast Spanky left you stranded at home. When the fuel pump went out on me I was left stranded at my father-in-law's in Des Moines IA.

Returning from the Dead :D

after months of sitting and collecting dust and with the Help of Turdle. I was finally able to regain entry into Spanky . :bounce:

and also Diagnosed the no start condition and determined the Fuel Pump is in deed dead :dead:

So now on the hunt for a working fuel pump. Turdle might have something we shall see here.

Back