DaemoN's BEFORE and AFTER......... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DaemoN's BEFORE and AFTER.........

here's my BEFORE and AFTER, not much but it's a start. :)

-stock.
Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

-after 3" bodylift and 32's.
Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
that's Rick's bumper w/ winch mount it looks funny with the gap. For now it's o.k....maybe sometime I will get a bracket fabricated for it.

-and after...
Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
little dipping...:)

[Edited by -=DaemoN=- on 09-12-2000 at 02:34 PM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking none to shabby there mate.

Thanks guys! I got more pics of those trails, except the hill climbs. I can't wait to add more mods like go higher. Since I got better tires I've been out in the trails every weekend(3 times :D).

Did you have any problems with the three inch body lift, like seering column or drive shaft adjustments and the like? Were than any unforeseen purchases that needed to be made to make it work?

Hey Mudd*****, I am sure I can answer for daemon about the body lift, since I also have one and most of the time the same stuff occurs. But, w/ mine I couldn't get the bolt out of the steering shaft, so I just started lifting the body up and the shaft extended itself when I lifted it up. But after I started driving it and all, I did feel a rattle in the steering, but now I don't feel it anymore. And as for the driveshaft, it is a body lift, it just lifts the body off of the frame, and the driveshaft is connected from the tranny and the axle(on 2wd, on 4wd, one goes from the t-case to the rear, and the other goes from the t-case to the front) but the tranny is connected to the frame, and the axles are also suspendedw/coil springs and leaf springs which are attatched to the frame, so there is no problem with the driveshaft. As for any other things you may need to get. Well, you will need some hand tools, a drill, and an air compressor and an impact wrench wouldn't hurt. Oh and some wd-40 or similar, to get the bolts to come out easier. But there are no other parts needed unless you have a 5spd, then you will need to get a shifter extension also.

nice deftones sticker!

Mudd*****- I guess Rock883 about answers it all for me. I did put on the steering extension but it made the binding worse. I can't feel them right now, the binding, but the rubber part on the shaft(an absorber???) have cracked and I'm thinking of getting a new shaft from http://www.flamingriver.com .

JGSTEWART8- I got my 3" Performance Accessories bodylift at DESERT RAT for $99.99. I think you'd be better off getting it thru http://www.4wheelparts.com because it would be cheaper. The rims are 15x8 American Racing 767, I forgot the price and the tires are 32x11.50 Pathfinders ATR. To see more of my mods Dead Link Removed.

Would you guys agree that the Performance Acc body lift kit is the best and most complete kit? I am looking into a 3" body lift, just wanted to know.

Back