Disconnect fuel line spring coupling | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Disconnect fuel line spring coupling

xtlboormann

Reaction score
City, State
wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ford exploror xlt V6
Just wondering has anyone ever disconnected the fuel line spring coupling on the semi flexible fuel pipe that runs from the fuel filter up to the fuel injector rail..............

Have you read this, [thread=198626] ME![/thread], some have success with different things.

You need a fuel coupling removal tool. It is <$10, and usually comes in set of assorted sizes. There are different styles and brands, but basically it is a circular piece of plastic which fits over one end of the coupling. You push that plastic piece in towards the joint, and it releases a spring which in turn releases the coupling.
The size I needed for an 02 was a 5/8"

cheers...went to auto store...would have to order in...$22 here....went home and tried various bits of plastic tube,bits and pieces etc....i cut down a disposable nozzle you fit to a silicone tube...trimmed the flared end and whammo ...the pipes off...i wont need the tool as once it goes back on...i hope it doesnt have to come off again....but i must say easier than the fuel filter

Back