• Register Today It's free!

Door ajar, dome light issue

trase103

Reaction score
City, State
Fresh Meadows, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac XLT 4x4
Recently picked up a 04 sport trac. Dome lights stay on. Took apart driver door I found the wire out of the pin switch in the door lock. No fix. I went to pass. Front door the switch was good. Then went to the rear doors and the switches we plugged in. I then traced the harness down the pass front. I disconnected that harness and then the driver door switch was normal and the dome and ajar light worked normal but the others of course are now disconnected. I'm looking and looking for any breaks in the pass front and the rear doors and everything seems normal. Could something be backwards somewhere? I then hit the test light to the gray/red which goes to the actual pin switch in the door locks and no power at all. The front dr doors gray/red does have power. There has to be a break in the other doors but I can't seem to find it. Everything is in front of me and I just can't find this issue. Ok...just remembered something. The driver doors switch wire is yellow/black but on the others it's gray/red. Possible that a door might have been changed?

According to the '04 Sport Trac wiring diagram that I recently purchased,
The wire to the driver's side front door ajar switch is yellow/black all the way.
The wire to the passenger front is gray/red all the way to the switch.
The wire to driver's side rear is gray/red before the connector and light green/yellow from connector to the switch.
The wire to the passenger rear is gray red before the connector and pink/light blue from connector to switch.

Recently picked up a 04 sport trac. Dome lights stay on. Took apart driver door I found the wire out of the pin switch in the door lock. No fix. I went to pass. Front door the switch was good. Then went to the rear doors and the switches we plugged in. I then traced the harness down the pass front. I disconnected that harness and then the driver door switch was normal and the dome and ajar light worked normal but the others of course are now disconnected. I'm looking and looking for any breaks in the pass front and the rear doors and everything seems normal. Could something be backwards somewhere? I then hit the test light to the gray/red which goes to the actual pin switch in the door locks and no power at all. The front dr doors gray/red does have power. There has to be a break in the other doors but I can't seem to find it. Everything is in front of me and I just can't find this issue. Ok...just remembered something. The driver doors switch wire is yellow/black but on the others it's gray/red. Possible that a door might have been changed?
All the wires you tested, goes too the GEM module.
Its located behind the radio. You need too test each wire at the GEM connector.

Screenshot_20240330-213438.png

Back