• Register Today It's free!

Drive in movie time

Ford Dude

Reaction score
City, State
RIVERSIDE, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Platinum
We took the 2021 Explorer. Broadcast the sound on a FM station. Had to keep pushing the start button and or the radio power button. Is there a way for the new Explorers to stay on. Another post was from 2012. Or is it that drive in movies are a dying commodity so Ford does not worry about being able to listen to the radio for more than 10 minutes after the engine is shut off? Here in SoCal movie theaters are still shut down. The movies were lame, but it was good to get out of the house on a Saturday evening and enjoy a show.

fd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you use the on button for the radio it should stay on longer.

The radio will stay on much longer if you just use its power ON button. I believe mine stays ON for at least 20 minutes or more. The radio button is always powered so need to have the ignition ON or in accessory mode. In my 5th gen. the radio would stay ON much longer when using its ON button.

Peter

From the owners manual. Looks like it should stay on for about 1 hour. I have not tried it.

About SYNC
The system allows you to interact with the
entertainment, information and
communication systems on your vehicle
using voice commands and a touchscreen.
The system provides easy interaction with
audio, phone, navigation, mobile apps and
settings.
Note: You can switch the system on and
use it for up to an hour without switching
the ignition on.
Note: You can use the system after you
switch the ignition off for up to 10 minutes
or until you open a door.

It might also depend on the battery management system, although I assume it’d tell you if it was having a low battery situation.

I think Mbrooks420 is correct. I've had it stay ON for various times. Best solution may be to bring a portable radio with the FM band.

Peter

Back