• Register Today It's free!

Emergency Flashers not working

CrazyAlaskan

Reaction score
City, State
Wasilla, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Limited 4wd
Ok I have searched and cant find what I need to know. My turn signals work just fine but the emergancy flashers dont work at all. I went to ABC auto and they told me that on the 95 Explorer that i need a Buss Flasher 552/536 12v 32 cp max6 so I picked one up but I am having a hard time finding it. Does any one know where this thing is. I looked up under the dash but i dont fit well and cant see well lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From Autzone's website, for a 1996...

Front seating area, driver side, driver side of steering column, under dash, mounted in upper left corner of fuse panel

Ok here is another wierd thing, when i lower my stearing column down the right signal does nothing but buzz. Could this be that entire turn signal mechinism?

O and another thing, as long as its the column is up all the way turn signals work fine lower it and only the left one works and the right one buzzs. When the column is up all the way they both work fine

Now here is whats wierd, when i depress the hazard switch to activate the hazards the blinkers will NOT work at all! but as soon as i press it back in to turn the hazards off they work fine. I need to get this fixed ASAP i have to get my truck Inspected for the year some time this month and need this done asap.

search on MFS switch... common problem.

Ok thanks :D i was just out there did some poking and proding and was starting to think that was what was up. I will look it up on here thanks.

Back