extra parts for head unit installation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

extra parts for head unit installation

Bitch'nX

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Eddie Bauer
my stock cd changer stopped working in my '97 eddie bauer so i figured it was time to replace the head unit, so i bought an alpine today at circuit city and they said i needed an antenna converter, two wiring harnesses, and the single din to double din dash converter. All of that extra stuff was like 70 bucks and i was wondering if all of it was necessary or if they were trying to screw me over.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everything sounds fine expect the antenna adapter. Do you have an power antenna? Most aftermarket cd players come a harness for the antenna.

yeah the antenna adapter is what i thought was weird also, i just have the stock 1997 explorer antenna so i dont understand why i would need an adapter

Did they already intstall it or do you still have it? If you still have it, when you remove the HU, check to see if the antenna will plug into the cd player. If so, take it back right away and tell them to never sell you inane things again.

i havent installed it yet, so ill check that out, thanks for your help

Everything sounds alrite except the antenna. But you can get that stuff from wally world for under $30.

Back