Fender Flares | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fender Flares

hrj922

Reaction score
City, State
La Verne, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi everyone. New to the forum and needing some help. I have been searching high and low for fender flares for my 2013 xlt. Anyone know of any venders that sell these? The other option I have is to build myself (just dont have much time right now). If this has been discussed before, sorry. I did try searching it but didn't find anything.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what I know this is the 1st time anyone has mentioned this, I was also thinking of those, I was looking at the Nissan Juke flares, not to aggressive not sure if that's the style your looking for.

Give us more details

I am thinking of doing the 2" lift with wider and thicker tires...so a regular truck style flare would be great. Maybe something like the raptor is what I am looking for.

This sounds really bogus on an Explorer. But go ahead and do it and post the before and after pics.

You think? I know the Gen 5 isn't what the previous Gens were, but it does have an off-roading legacy and I think it would work. Maybe not so blatant as the raptor, but a little more subtle. I guess if no one knows of where or who sells flares I will have to start fabing some.

I think old school flared fenders would look good on a 5th gen, ...have to squint & use your imagination...

flares_zps2d8686fb.jpg

and if someone figures out 20" Cragar old school mags, I would put them on mine like, tomorrow...
...Cragar is still selling great wheels...

Mooneyes-Van-13_zpsd13b236b.jpg

I agree with you Luker, I can see how the old school flares would work.

If that's the look you're going for , you have to go with bigger flares with the hardware showing :thumbsup:

Does anyone have a source for fender flares? Not the bolt on rubbery flares but replacements for the OEM flares.

Does anyone have a source for fender flares? Not the bolt on rubbery flares but replacements for the OEM flares.
Are you referring to the black plastic that goes around the fender lip? I wouldn't really say that the Ex has fender flares other than a slight outward protrusion of the actual fender itself.

Peter

Fender Flares for 2016

Does anyone have any links for an aggressive fender flare for a 2016? I keep searching but only get flares for an F150.

Welcome to the Forum Shaun.:wave:
Your thread was merged with this existing one. As you can see, there hasn't really been any movement on the topic. Now that you have brought it up again, perhaps there will be some more interest.

Peter

I loved the ex that was posted from the Sema show a few years back .. still gen 5
eff51c4dc38355bf8402a4973beb9075.jpg

large-fc521dce94ea3ce66490e57afbf00c0af609ed9f.JPG

I am looking for Pocket fender flares for my 2017 XLT Limited. I can not find vehicle specific anywhere. Are the ones for the F150 or Ranger compatible?
Thanks.
Mattsy

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't believe anyone has done this yet. There is a thread on fender flares but it never resulted in anyone doing or at least posting a picture of having it done.

Peter

Hi everyone. New to the forum and needing some help. I have been searching high and low for fender flares for my 2013 xlt. Anyone know of any venders that sell these? The other option I have is to build myself (just dont have much time right now). If this has been discussed before, sorry. I did try searching it but didn't find anything.

Thanks!
I have spent hours looking for same for my 2017 limited to no avail.

Depending upon how badly you want them and are willing to spend, you may be looking at having them custom made.

Peter

Has anyone had any luck with this? I am also interested in adding flares to my ‘18

Back