fiberglass cap for ranger, which one? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fiberglass cap for ranger, which one?

dbrews

Reaction score
City, State
walkerville mi.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 ranger 4x4
hello,
can anyone tell me if one cap fits any better than another, i have a 2006 ranger supercab, and locally can buy a leer or a century,
thanks
dave

...Leer is probably the best and most expensive...About 3-3 1/2 times the other shells (other than Century)...:dunno:

...You want a shell made of at least 1/4" plywood...This is inside of the fiberglass and it relates to strength and flex...Some shells are made with 1/8" ply and the price isn't much different but longevity is...;)

...Be sure to get a wired interior lamp/carpet lined/ and replaceable screens if you can use them..

Actually, ARE is the best. (Just look at the back of my truck!) Snug-Top makes good shells, too. (It's the one my Dad has.) Both are also expensive, like Leer.

As with many things, you do get what you pay for. All these brands are well constructed (strong) and will hold up to the rigors of medium-harsh wheeling. Style factors into the cost - the "better" it looks, the more it costs.

The bigger companies build a shell for your truck - specifically your truck. They have individual molds, and match the paint to your factory paint.

thanks for the info
dave

Back