First Gen Alloy Wheels for sale | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First Gen Alloy Wheels for sale

I'm trying to get a feel for what people will want to pay for these, but I am looking to sell a set of 15x7 slanted 5 spoke alloy wheels. They are in good condition as well as the center caps (one cap has a broken tab, but still stays on) I'm looking for $200 for the whole set w/ caps.

I also have a spare I'm looking to get rid of as well. the steel rim has a bit of surface rust on it but the tire (Firestone Destination) is like new. I'm looking at either throwing it in with the full set for $50 more or $80 separate.

I'm only looking to sell in the Black Hills area or or within 50 miles of Rapid City.

If anyone would share what they have sold theirs for or have any offers it is greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that with tires? If you're just looking to sell a complete set of 4 of the pinwheel/directional 91-94 alloys, with center caps and no tires, for $400, you'll be disappointed to hear they only go for ~$35 a piece, brand new old stock, but that's without center caps. You might be able to get ~$100 for a used set on CL or something. $400 is a crazy price for these, the only way you might get that is if someone is desperate for them, or thinks they are super rare.

You might be able to get more, I'm sure they'd be worth it to someone who wants to swap the hoof-print alloys, or if they are the Eddie Bauer tan trim, they might be worth more to someone who has an Eddie or wants to match some tan trim/interior.

If I was listing locally I'd say $200 for all 5, with the tire on the spare, and take offers down to $140-160.

they do have tires but, they are a BFGoodrich commercial tire with maybe 1/4 tread.
I wasn't really sure about the price as I haven't been to any JYs to price them, only seeing that they are ~200 a piece new on LMCTruck.

with this new info I'm going to drop the price down to $200 for the set w/ caps, but still $50 for the spare with the set or $80 separate.

Thanks for your reply Anime.

With tires, even worn commerical ones, you can get more. Maybe start at $300 for the set of 5 on your local CL and take offers, that way you might get $200 for the set of 4 alloy w/tires from anyone that doesn't want the spare.

Of course it'd be nice if you kept the price low for members on here.

The LMC price of $200 for a new wheel isn't realistic, it's just something they have out there, and they don't even really sell that wheel, it's probably drop shipped from a manufacturer or warehouse, they just list tons of stuff in their catalog on the rare chance some doofus winds up buying stuff like that for those prices.

I'll officially admit, I just dropped a tear. Could use the spare rims but do not have the cash right now. Otherwise they'd be mine, but it's too late for a Valentines gift. lol

Just got my new rims & tires yesterday.
actively looking for buyers now.

Back