First Post - Couple Questions regarding lift kits, tuning, etc. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First Post - Couple Questions regarding lift kits, tuning, etc.

sniperdojo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT and I absolutely love it. As I get more used to it I am considering installing a lift kit (Traxda), and maybe installing some new tires/rims.

My first mod would be to add some bigger tires. What can I run on the stock rims/lift that would give the car a beefier/taller look?

Secondly, I am considering adding a Traxda lift kit. How difficult is the install? I watched the sticky video and it doesnt look too difficult but I'd like some first hand knowledge.

Should I install the lift kit first, and then install bigger tires? Or can I install bigger tires first for the time being and then install a lift kit?

I'm fairly new to car mods and stuff, but I am decent with tools and repairing things. Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT and I absolutely love it. As I get more used to it I am considering installing a lift kit (Traxda), and maybe installing some new tires/rims.

My first mod would be to add some bigger tires. What can I run on the stock rims/lift that would give the car a beefier/taller look?

Secondly, I am considering adding a Traxda lift kit. How difficult is the install? I watched the sticky video and it doesnt look too difficult but I'd like some first hand knowledge.

Should I install the lift kit first, and then install bigger tires? Or can I install bigger tires first for the time being and then install a lift kit?

I'm fairly new to car mods and stuff, but I am decent with tools and repairing things. Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
My suggestion is to post your questions on 'Lifting' in the appropriate threads shown in the 'Sticky' section at the top of the page in this sub forum. As for the tires, go up to the top right of the main page and under the row of page numbers click on 'Search this Forum' and put in "Max tire size", quotes not required. Learning about how to use the various 'Search' functions can be a big help since most questions have likely already been posted/answered.

Peter

Back