Ford Edge Wheels & Tires on my 2002 Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Edge Wheels & Tires on my 2002 Explorer Limited

The original tires were done on my wife's '02 Explorer after 50K miles and one of the rims had a sizeable dent from a Chicago pothole.

So I made the decision to look for take-off rims that would fit the Explorer.

The Ford Edge rims were a very close match and after some research I decided to pick up a set off of eBay. Total cost was $670 shipped to my door and they came with Goodyear Integrity tires 235/65/17

at first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but after a week it's grown on me.

The only issue I had was with the rear wheels and the center cap, the axle spindle prevented the center cap from seating properly. I could have just taken a dremel and removed some plastic from the back side of the center cap, but I had 1/4" wheel spacers from my Cobra that I used and the center cap fit perfectly.

explorerwheel.JPG

explorerwheel2.JPG

and if anyone wants the stock rims and tires. $100 and they're yours. Not looking to ship. Located in Tinley Park, IL
1215554773.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting look, I am not sure if I like them, but you will be the only one.

I have a set of your old rims on my 95 Limited and they look great! Plus like you they are unique since they did not come on them.

Will the old ones fit a 94 ranger? I only have 14" rims. Are the tires any good, is the rim with the dent still in good usable shape? You are probly up around Chicago? The new ones look good, They look better than the old ones.

Any chance these wheels/rims are still available?? My rims are corroding badly and need a set ASAP.

looks good are those the wheels from an edge limited or what

I want the set like your selling for my 95, I HATE all of the 1st and 2nd gen wheel styles

if those rims fit a 1st gen and have decent tread on em, then im very interested
. I'm 45 minutes away

Back