• Register Today It's free!

FordPass Connection Issue

Barry Trobaugh

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Platinum
2018 Platinum, though I can still lock/unlock and remote-start, the listed date for updating mileage, oil life and tire pressure is now 4 days old (2/12/22) even though I have tried many times to "update" the data by swipping the app down on my iphone. Really weird if you ask me.

I have re-booted phone and logged out of the app.

Anyone have a clue how to resolve this? I like having the app to show my oil life and even the tire pressures, especially here in winter.

Thanks ahead.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2018 Platinum, though I can still lock/unlock and remote-start, the listed date for updating mileage, oil life and tire pressure is now 4 days old (2/12/22) even though I have tried many times to "update" the data by swipping the app down on my iphone. Really weird if you ask me.

I have re-booted phone and logged out of the app.

Anyone have a clue how to resolve this? I like having the app to show my oil life and even the tire pressures, especially here in winter.

Thanks ahead.
Barry, I posted about this in the past. Had the same issue. Just removed the app and reinstalled and the vitals started populating. Good luck

Should my '17 be able to do the same thing? When I log into the Fordpass app it doesn't tell me anything about the vehicle. I reinstalled the app and finally got the odometer to show up, but nothing else.

There was an update to the app yesterday. Maybe that will fix the issue?

UPDATE:

Now two phone conversations with a tech with FordPass but no resolve.

I have logged out/in to the app, deleted/reinstalled the app, even "factory reset" the Sync3 system to no avail.

Currently, I only see my location, fuel level, oil life, mileage and tire pressures as of Feb 12.

I am just asking to determine whether it is isolated to me or a more widespread issue.

I'll keep trying.

Just updated the info on the App on 01:25AM 19Feb22. All works well.
2018 Limited, Android Note 10+.
EDIT; Doublechecked and at least my Oil Life is not updating. Stuck at 18Feb22 at 18:47.

UPDATE:

I have logged out/in to the app, deleted/reinstalled the app, even "factory reset" the Sync3 system to no avail.

Currently, I only see my location, fuel level, oil life, mileage and tire pressures as of Feb 12.

I am just asking to determine whether it is isolated to me or a more widespread issue.

I'll keep trying.
That's about all I'm getting with my Lincoln Way app as well Barry, but then I've never done anything to see what the problem may be since I really don't need the other features.

Peter

UPDATE:

I'll keep trying.
That's about all I'm getting with my Lincoln Way app as well Barry, but then I've never done anything to see what the problem may be since I really don't need the other features.

Peter
Mine just says I'm in Lake Erie headed to Michigan in the actual nav and Antarctica on the App. I turned off VPN and its still wacky. They had me do the power and FFWD button trick and that didn't help.

Just downloaded Fordpass, and am trying to get it set up with my 2020 PIU. NONE of the pix on my phone match the different "Sync" options, and I can't get anything to work.

Any suggestions?

Just downloaded Fordpass, and am trying to get it set up with my 2020 PIU. NONE of the pix on my phone match the different "Sync" options, and I can't get anything to work.

Any suggestions?
Not sure why you are concerned about what sync system the vehicle has. You simply add the vehicle to Fordpass by VIN and it downloads what it needs to control the vehicle. All 20 and up PIUs can be controlled via Fordpass so you shouldn't have any issue.

Not sure why you are concerned about what sync system the vehicle has. You simply add the vehicle to Fordpass by VIN and it downloads what it needs to control the vehicle. All 20 and up PIUs can be controlled via Fordpass so you shouldn't have any issue.
Guess what? I followed the instructions and nothing happened. There was NO SIMILARITY between what the app showed and what was visible on my dashboard.

Guess what? I followed the instructions and nothing happened. There was NO SIMILARITY between what the app showed and what was visible on my dashboard.
Once you put your VIN in Fordpass, did it show a pic of your vehicle (correct color even) and then have an ACTIVATE button?

Once you put your VIN in Fordpass, did it show a pic of your vehicle (correct color even) and then have an ACTIVATE button?
I assume you mean did it show on my phone? Yes, but then nothing else worked when I hit the ACTIVATE button. I got two choices, "Master reset" and "Fordpass Connect Reset". I tried both, but the video that was supposed to show me how to do it did not show the dashboard display I have.

I assume you mean did it show on my phone? Yes, but then nothing else worked when I hit the ACTIVATE button. I got two choices, "Master reset" and "Fordpass Connect Reset". I tried both, but the video that was supposed to show me how to do it did not show the dashboard display I have.
Yeah, you have the 4.2" non touchscreen. Its a little different. The options are there though for master reset. Did the app say someone else had to authorize? If the TCU is hooked up and not registered to anyway else, the display will come up with an option to accept or deny access after you activate through the app.

Yeah, you have the 4.2" non touchscreen. Its a little different. The options are there though for master reset. Did the app say someone else had to authorize? If the TCU is hooked up and not registered to anyway else, the display will come up with an option to accept or deny access after you activate through the app.
Haven't seen that. I will look closer.

Yes, yesterday I went through the procedure again, but this time I had no issues.

Weird, huh?

Yes, yesterday I went through the procedure again, but this time I had no issues.

Weird, huh?
There was an update recently, could be it. Before it, I couldn't remote start using wifi.

Back