• Register Today It's free!

Free Magnaflow

de exsport

Reaction score
City, State
Gulfport, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
I will have a new free 2016/17 Explorer Sport 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust for local pickup only in a few days. Located in Gulfport/Biloxi MS. It has a Magnaflow 12468 2.5" dual in/dual out x-pipe muffler welded in. I believe it will fit other years, but would need other tips or something. Reason for this is with PPE downpipes, it drones too much for my old man taste. Bought new, has less than 500 miles on it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I was closer I'd take you up on it, my impression is other than maybe the Corsa this problem is par for the course, a J pipe seems to be the best solution.

I will have a new free 2016/17 Explorer Sport 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust for local pickup only in a few days. Located in Gulfport/Biloxi MS. It has a Magnaflow 12468 2.5" dual in/dual out x-pipe muffler welded in. I believe it will fit other years, but would need other tips or something. Reason for this is with PPE downpipes, it drones too much for my old man taste. Bought new, has less than 500 miles on it
Could you tell me the "centerline distance between pipes"? (interested in your exhaust, but in Detroit... ) Thinking of adding the Magnaflow 12468 to my exhaust, could use measurements - thanks!

Yup, what is the distance BETWEEN PIPES ?

Possible to fit in CURRENT exhaust, in the "H-Pipe" area (adding "extra Magnaflow muffler)... https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/cache/images_ePIM_original_P04_LPP14324-BLK_w760_h500_q75.jpg

Specifications | MagnaFlow Part # 12468​

Body FinishSatin
Body Height5"
Body Length18"
Body MaterialStainless Steel
Body Width8"
Exhaust Tip Quantity0
Inlet/Outlet Diameter2.5"
Inlet/Outlet Quantity2
Inlet/Outlet TypeDual
Muffler TypeStraight-Through
Overall Length24"
ShapeOval

4" center to center according to the interwebs, which is the same as most X pipes and it's a pretty easy install to put an x pipe in that same spot.

Could you tell me the "centerline distance between pipes"? (interested in your exhaust, but in Detroit... ) Thinking of adding the Magnaflow 12468 to my exhaust, could use measurements - thanks!
The prior post is correct at 4" from centerline to centerline. There is 1.5" distance in between the two pipes. I do like the overall design of the Magnaflow 12468, it has the x-pipe in there and the internal transitions seemed very smooth without protruding pipe ends or welds or anything. One think to note on the 12468, is that all 4 pipes ends actually have a 2.5" INSIDE diameter. This allows it to slip right on a 2.5" OD pipe, this is nice for the connection of pipes to front end of the muffler. Exhaust connections should all go from male into female as you go towards back. So to do this correctly, would need to expand the down stream pipe to a bit over 2.5" to fit over the pipes coming out back of this muffler.

FYI- I got the Corsa exhaust from Livernois and am very happy with that. Its amazing that there is no drone on a full 2.5" dual system. It is very well designed.

Thanks for the research. Yes, I have a Corsa myself, but occasionally we tow, and then you are on highway heavy-throttle... possibly looking for just a wee bit more silence from the Magnaflow 12468 might just be enough... ?

Thanks for the research. Yes, I have a Corsa myself, but occasionally we tow, and then you are on highway heavy-throttle... possibly looking for just a wee bit more silence from the Magnaflow 12468 might just be enough... ?
I've had same thought, but the corsa built in partial x-pipe and those drone redux mufflers really work great. I do wish it was a bit quieter when on the throttle. I hate to add another X-pipe and have looked at some straight through (non- x pipe mufflers) that are dual in/dual out 2.5". I am only finding a few. Borla ones are nice but they have that x-pipe built in. Summit has one that is their brand in stainless 304, SUM-633260 that might fit the bill. If you do use the Magnaflow, please let us know what that does to the sound, drone, and volume. I wish Magnaflow made one without the X built in.

I second the being closer part. I don't know what the setup looks like, but if you have room adding a bullet muffler or glasspack as a resonator would definitely help your drone situation as well as any raspyness. The longer the better.

Back