Front end sag on 93 sport 2wd?????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front end sag on 93 sport 2wd??????

gene kirkland

Reaction score
The front end on my 93 sport 2wd seems to sit lower than the rear. Is this right or are my coils weak?? I recently purchased this truck and I'm not very familiar with them.

thanks, Gene Kirkland

1993 sport 2wd
kkm tru rev
bosch +4's
motorsport wires

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the same problem. Don't know if the front sags or if the back is just high. Oh well, looks very cool!

Without knowing how much I would say that is the way they were made. The rear is sitting higher waiting for some weight to be added to the rear. Add a boat or a camper to solve the problem. Look at any Expedition or any other "towing" truck and you will see the rear is higher in all of them.

leebo is right. If you look at most trucks they sit with a slight rake to them. The springs in the back are designed to carry weight and when there's no weight on them there gonna lift the back of the truck. Minute you put some weight in it should sit down a little. If you don't like how it sits go to http://www.performanceproducts.com and buy the one inch lift coils for the front. That should level you out. I have my stock suspension sitting in my shed. So if you need some coils or leaf springs i have some. :)

I had the same problem with mine, the front end was more than two inches lower than the rear. When the truck was brand new it was not like that, the coils are just old now so they are sagging. Mine was so bad that it couldn't even be alligned. I put 1.5" rough country coils on the front and went through a lot of trouble with them but I eventually got everything looking right. Look into some normal replacement springs, they should be enough because if you put the 1" springs on, you're probably going to need longer shackles in the rear to even it out. I've gone through all of this already so email me if you have any more questions. Good luck

Back