Fuel Pressure Problem after replacing fuel pump twice | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Pressure Problem after replacing fuel pump twice

The CEL codes comes on after starting my car and driving around 3-4 times maybe? If the filler hose had a leak on it would that throw the codes? Thanks a lot for the help by the way!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The CEL codes comes on after starting my car and driving around 3-4 times maybe? If the filler hose had a leak on it would that throw the codes? Thanks a lot for the help by the way!

If there was a vac leak at the filler hose, carbon canister, or anywhere along the fuel system it would throw emissions related codes in addition to the P0171/174. That's because there's a pressure sensor on the top of the fuel tank that checks.

Sorry I have been away from this forum for a long long time, but I have been super busy this summer and I finally have a chance to get back to fixing my car. Anyway, I am still dealing with the P0171 and P0174 codes AFTER my fuel pump install. To begin my problem ended up being the Inertia switch :mad: so i changed my fuel pump for no reason, but now i have those codes. I checked the fuel pressure and it is around 60, but when i shut the car off it drops to 0 within a minute. I read that it should not drop that fast, so now i'm looking for some help as to what I should look at next. Thanks!

I have the same codes and problem u have that started after replacing fuel pump. Low fuel pressure is coding lean bank 1 and 2 And please do not waste five hundred replacing fuel damper on fuel rail. And yes they smoke tested mine. It is a fuel pressure problem not a vacum leak.

Thank you for the heads up! What kind of fuel pump did you purchase?

The pump and regulator came from advance auto.Do u think that is the problem. The parts dept diagram showed a pressure transducer about two feet from fuel tank in the fuel line. I have not checked to see if there is one there yet.

What determines how much voltage the PCM sends to the fuel pump on a return less fuel system?

currently my ford explorer xls 2005 fail because of fuel pump. I changed the fuel pump that made in china (not original motorcraft brand) and it is still fail, 3 times to changed fuel pump. finally I ordered fuel pump from Ebay (motorcraft brand) it still running fail, and I did diagnostic, it show the fuel rail pressure sensor fail. so if I change this one it will be better or not?

Maneth
From Cambodia.

currently my ford explorer xls 2005 fail because of fuel pump. I changed the fuel pump that made in china (not original motorcraft brand) and it is still fail, 3 times to changed fuel pump. finally I ordered fuel pump from Ebay (motorcraft brand) it still running fail, and I did diagnostic, it show the fuel rail pressure sensor fail. so if I change this one it will be better or not?

Maneth
From Cambodia.
Did you check the inertia switch under passenger glove box?

Back