• Register Today It's free!

Fuse 17 blows

MajorWedgee

Reaction score
City, State
Fremont Ne
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer
New to me 2003 Eddie Bauer explorer. Auto 4x4, 4.6, sunroof w/home link radio with the sub in back. I bought it with the power windows, radio visor lights not working. It would blow the 15a, fuse 17 under the driver side dash immediately. Initially I checked in the driver door as obviously someone has been in there to make repairs previously, but I can't find any obvious breaks. I was able to get the windows rolled up by jumping a wire from battery to the big blue/black wire at driver side window switch. This also powered up the radio and sunroof, but not the visor lights. I took the visors off and unplugged them, and my fuse didn't pop, for 2 days. Now it pops the fuse every once in awhile. When it works, everything seems to work as it should, the accessory delay functions, I have power to those things for a few minutes. I suspect the wires for the visor lights have a break in them further back. Where do those wires go from where they come out at the visors? I'd like to isolate the visor lights and unplug them wherever they go up into the headliner to see if that will stop the fuse from blowing.

Back