fwd vs 4wd, smoother ride? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fwd vs 4wd, smoother ride?

johnnybub

Reaction score
does anyone know if the suspension is different between the two? is the fwd a smoother ride? I test drove a 4wd the other day and you could feel most bumps,, I have a volvo xc90, great smooth ride, much smoother than the 4wd, so Im debating to buy a 2013 4wd base, or a fwd xlt only 1,250 difference,,

does anyone know if the suspension is different between the two? is the fwd a smoother ride? I test drove a 4wd the other day and you could feel most bumps,, I have a volvo xc90, great smooth ride, much smoother than the 4wd, so Im debating to buy a 2013 4wd base, or a fwd xlt only 1,250 difference,,
I haven't driven the FWD. I have the AWD Limited. I changed over from an '09 Highlander Ltd and thought intially that the Explorer had a little bit firmer suspension but now I don't notice it. Not sure if the AWD and FWD share identical suspensions or not. I would imagine they are likely the same.

Peter

the suspension on these trucks is not firm in any manner, I find the ride to be very smooth and quiet. They also handle very well given their size and weight, it's a perfect balance IMO, very happy with my 2012, I find it very comfy.

Back