• Register Today It's free!

Gas fill up!

pctorque

Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I was in an area working I didn't know my way around very well till almost 1 AM then headed home. The only gas stations I know of aren't 24/7 and would be closed. So, I hold my breath and drive home. I get home with 22 miles left till E according to the in dash super computer lol. I'm ok with this, it's only 8 miles to the station in the morning. So I head out and traffic is bad the next morning. What a nasty feeling wondering if you're going to run out! I pulled into the station with it saying 6 miles left. The tank took 22.375 Gal to fill up. I look in the manual and it's a 22.5 Gal tank. So, I had .125 Gal left in the tank! From the looks of things the mileage estimate is suprisingly close if anyone wondered. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

itz not good to let the gas tank run so low, the crap from the bottom of the gas tank could be potential trouble.

i still dont think that whole dont let to go down thing i mean the gas is taken from the tank from the bottom anyway... so if there was anyhting there it would be sucked up first... no? i donno just my .02

You don't want to run your tank that low or the fuel pump may fail early in the life of your truck. The fuel pumps rely on the fuel that submerge it to keep it warm in the colder temperature and cooler in the hot. The gas is basically a insulator for the fuel pump.

When you fill up, let the pump turn itself off. You don't want to overfill it either or you end up wasting gas.

Shane

Originally posted by 98EBV8

When you fill up, let the pump turn itself off. You don't want to overfill it either or you end up wasting gas.

Shane
How do you waste gas by overfilling it?

Don't worry about it man. I have taken mine about 10 miles past 0 on the super computer.:D

Robb

Back