• Register Today It's free!

Got rear ended

STrac4me

Reaction score
City, State
Bonneau, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Limited
Or at least the Strac got rear ended....This dude in an F150 dropped his can of Dip and reached down to pick it up. Well you know the rest.....I heard the brakes lock up and looked into the mirror with nothing to do but sit there. Finally traffic started to move and as soon as I got into the gas.....bam! The damage was accually minor. The rear bumper is a little crooked one side in and the other side out just a little. I have to go to the body shop this week and see when they can take it. The insurance company has allready cut me a check, so the hard part is over. Thank the good Lord I had no trouble other than a stiff neck the next day. There was absolutly no body damage except for the bumper. The guys F150 got the worst end of it believe it or not. The Sport Trac took the accident very well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to hear your OK and the 'Trac made out well. Thankfully it didn't turn out to be a chain reaction. They stink when your in the middle like a fella I know. I like some bulk. My last vehicle was a '96 full size Bronco and I felt fairly safe.

The previous owner of my trac was rear ended and never fixed it, the bumper was bent down a bit. I found that the bumper is somewhat adjustable so I was able to make it straight again by just loosening a few bolts and retightening, unfortunatly the frame is a little bent back there but no biggie.

The previous owner of my trac was rear ended and never fixed it, the bumper was bent down a bit. I found that the bumper is somewhat adjustable so I was able to make it straight again by just loosening a few bolts and retightening, unfortunatly the frame is a little bent back there but no biggie.

I looked under the bumper cover and a adjustment wont work for this. The mounts for the bumper are pushed in and according to a few people I talked to said they have to be replaced. I am going to fix the truck; I will drop by the body shop later this week. It could have been worse if I was not able to get into the gas enough to move forward and lessen the blow.

yeah bro iv'e been rear ended three times and got it replaced twice; came out to be about 1300 each time

Back