• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone ever tried to do this?

Joe28

Reaction score
City, State
Olyphant
Year, Model & Trim Level
Mazda b2300
This is on a 2005 Mazda B2300, 2.3 liter 4 banger, auto trans.
This is my," retirement, I need a truck to get sh** to remodel the house, truck"!
This motor has 152,000 miles on it.
PVC valve looks like orignal.
I did a complete tune upon it when I got it in March, all fluid changed.
Has anyone ever tried yank out the PVC valve WITHOUT pulling intake off?
I've did the ,"lazy tech" PVC valve cleaning, (pull the hose off at manifold, fill with carb cleaner, let it dribble past ball in valve), and that seemed to clean it,( tested by pulling hose off valve cover, stick a vacuum gauge and fire it up, got 5 in lbs of vacuum running, so I know it opening)
I THINK if you pull starter, get a new snap ring @ the PVC, ( so you can, "Butcher" the snap ring off), you might be able to reach up, ( or in through the wheel well), and pull it out.
I'm 4 days into healing on a couple broken ribs,( dumb sh**!!!!! slipped in my boat and fell injury), so,it'll be quite a while, ( maybe spring time), before I can try it.
Just wondering if someone has ever tried it??
At 152,000 miles, I'm not going through the manifold removal, ( runs good with lazy tech cleaning)!

This is on a 2005 Mazda B2300, 2.3 liter 4 banger, auto trans.
This is my," retirement, I need a truck to get sh** to remodel the house, truck"!
This motor has 152,000 miles on it.
PVC valve looks like orignal.
I did a complete tune upon it when I got it in March, all fluid changed.
Has anyone ever tried yank out the PVC valve WITHOUT pulling intake off?
I've did the ,"lazy tech" PVC valve cleaning, (pull the hose off at manifold, fill with carb cleaner, let it dribble past ball in valve), and that seemed to clean it,( tested by pulling hose off valve cover, stick a vacuum gauge and fire it up, got 5 in lbs of vacuum running, so I know it opening)
I THINK if you pull starter, get a new snap ring @ the PVC, ( so you can, "Butcher" the snap ring off), you might be able to reach up, ( or in through the wheel well), and pull it out.
I'm 4 days into healing on a couple broken ribs,( dumb sh**!!!!! slipped in my boat and fell injury), so,it'll be quite a while, ( maybe spring time), before I can try it.
Just wondering if someone has ever tried it??
At 152,000 miles, I'm not going through the manifold removal, ( runs good with lazy tech cleaning)!
having seen some of the 4 banger rangers at the JY, gotta say it seems a bit rough. id say stick with the lazy tech cleaning ;) havent looked at the method you proposed, however! i mean if it aint broke, dont fix it! :p

Back