Heater / Cooling | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heater / Cooling

I get it quite frequently but i also had a bad seal on my water pump. I have repaired that and I think in might be a combination of air in the system and a bad thermostat. My thumping can get quite loud at times but it seems to be less and less. I am going to attempt to bleed my cooling system this weekend.

I noticed that it was missing a lot of coolant after I ran it for a while. Once I filled it up some more with coolant It stopped the thumping. Unded up get a leak from the radiator cap. Now there's a leak on the passenger side of the engine. Haven't had time or warmth to look at it yet. Seems like every time I stop a leak another one appears. Someone suggested I bleed the system. Any diy or suggestions on the best way to do that?

My system has self bleed the air out now that I stopped the leak. It must have sucked air in at some point in the process of warming up. Bleeding the air out manually is near impossible. I was going to make a hose splice with a bleeder valve for the upper radiator hose but never got to finish it

Back