Hello all! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello all!

Hello, my wife and I just purchased a 2002 Explorer, XLS Sport 4x4, and I just found this website and am looking forward to chatting with you! I am in Redford, MI.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the best web site in the world. Stick around we may teach you how to spend some more money :eek:

lots more money!:bounce:

I like it already!!! I didn't know how well the IFS rear would be received in here. I have just sold my Ranger SC, Off-Road. But my first screw up was getting rid of my 1996 Eddie Bauer F-150, with 31" BFG Muds. I'm going crazy already :bounce: ! I know quite a bit and will do my best to help others in need. Well, I love the ride and it does pretty well in the snow, just stock Michelins. Keeps the little nipper sleeping as well.

Jason

hello glad to see more people join ... i joined last night just got my 94 explorer sport really excited about fixing it up but will need ideas and suggestions on what and how to do things and how to spend money ive never been good at that :fire:
im in plano texas
Chris

New member with 2002 XLT

Hello, I just found your site. My husband, who has a 2002 Ford F150 found a site he had logged onto for his truck. So I decided to search and found one here for Explorers. I just got a 2002 XLT in January this year. This is my third Explorer, but my first with 4 drs. I started with a 1993 Sport, then traded that in for a 1996 Sport and I sold that one privately, and bought the 2002 XLT. The 1996 was that Deep Iris purple color, which was pretty and I had a lot of compliments from the guys on that color! Matter of fact, a male bought it! I was able to get a real great deal on my 2002, so I was finally able to afford those extra 2 doors!
I look forward to many years with the 2002!

Green Flash

Welcome to site - everyone.

FORDisKING - I've seen you posting around, it's good to see you've become comfortable... It's always nice to have new members...

Mustang - Don't you worry, we'll tell you how to spend that money :D :D

Green - welcome to the site. I know I, among many others, will tell you that you've found the best site in the world. It's good to have more 2002's on the site so we can get a feel for them...I think you'll enjoy...

lol thanks jared seen your six tired incident lol nice that you guys will teach me how to spend money anybody wanna help me earn some? lol
Chris

Seems as of lately we're getting LOTS of new guys heading over here. Thats really cool! :cool:

You have two choices now that you're here:

"Turn back while you still can!"

or

"Welcome to the dark side."

Like the other said, we'll show you how to make your wallet have a meltdown and have your credit cards sontaneously combust... :confused:

Hey FordISKing, you gonna slap some muds on that 02? Please say yes!

It will be cool seeing what people do with the new 2002 suspension setup!

Originally posted by FORDisKING
Hello, my wife and I just purchased a 2002 Explorer, XLS Sport 4x4, and I just found this website and am looking forward to chatting with you! I am in Redford, MI.

I moved from Redford last year. I lived right off of Inkster Road between I-96 and 5 mile. Before that I lived in Livonia. I like Naples, Florida only about 200% better! :)

Hello NaplesBill

Hello NaplesBill,
I just have to say hello from NJ. My husband and I will be visiting your fine city next month. I have a girlfriend who lives there we will be visiting in the beginning of May. Unfortunately my 2002 XLT won't be making that trip. My husband has opted to take his 1996 Ford Contour instead, because it is cheaper on gas. Yes we have a yard full of Fords! He also has a 2002 F150. But my truck will be visiting the fine state of Virginia in the beginning of June!

Green Flash

Re: Hello NaplesBill

Originally posted by Green Flash
Hello NaplesBill,
I just have to say hello from NJ. My husband and I will be visiting your fine city next month. I have a girlfriend who lives there we will be visiting in the beginning of May. Unfortunately my 2002 XLT won't be making that trip. My husband has opted to take his 1996 Ford Contour instead, because it is cheaper on gas. Yes we have a yard full of Fords! He also has a 2002 F150. But my truck will be visiting the fine state of Virginia in the beginning of June!

Green Flash

Would you be interested in some 99 Contour SE Sport 8-spoke wheels? They are in excellent condition!

lol trying to melt down his wallet already? :D

No wallet melting here!

My husband is happy with the ones he has on his Contour. Nothing fancy...just a GL with 5 speed manual trans, that he treats like a sports car. :)

Green Flash

Green Flash -

Oh my god. I didn't notice it before, but you're from Sparta....I've never met anyone else that had even heard of Sparta. I was born in Newton, and lived in Sparta....

How's Sparta holdin up? I haven't been there in, oh, about 16 years :D

Man, what a small world...

It is a small world! TwoToneX!

Well, I was also born in Newton. Lived there most of my life except for a few years. I lived in Florida from 86-87, and moved back to Newton. Then when my parents sold their house and moved to VA, I moved in with my sister for awhile in Budd Lake. Then I met my husband on the internet, and he has a house in Sparta, which I then moved in with him.
A lot has changed up here over the years. We had that great flood about 2 years ago which dumped 8 inches of rain in one day. Glen road and the Sparta Glen were completely wiped out, and are still closed. We live across from the lake on East Shore so we were spared.
Grand Union became a Stop N Shop (which is dubbed Stop N Rob) because the prices are still high.

Green Flash

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the pat on the back guys!

I am trying pass on as much knowledge as I am gaining!

No, I'm slapping muds on it silly! Yet that is:)

Jason

Back