Help with 2000 Explorer Sport

redman02

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport (2-door)
Hey I could use some help here, need some direction:
2000 Explorer sport 4x4 (not sport track)
Couple questions:

1) On the tire chart here you show: 31x10.50x15 on 15x8 rim. I have stock rims on my 2000 Explorer Sport (not sport track) but are 16. On my stock Sport rims can I then put on 31x10.50 x 16 or is that not correct? I won't have a lift at this time and want it to fit. And if that is correct what tire size is that If I want to order some tires?

2) Later I might do the tt up front my self. But I would like to put on heavier leafs in the rear so the rear is a bit higher (1 inch higher) than the front to help when it is loaded down a bit when hunting. Does the back being an inch higher than the front cause any drive line concerns? I'm thinking a 1 inch TT up front and 2inch lift leaf in the rear.

And lastly could you help me with a link for a rear leaf kit for my 2000 Explorer Sport 4x4 about 2-3 inch.

thanks man it would help a bunch, Redman02 :)

1) Yes, 31x10.50.16's will fit the same.

2) If the rear is an inch higher, it should be fine. Just be sure to get an alignment after your TT.

To lift the rear, either do shackles in the rear, Warrior part number WAR153, and that will lift the rear 1.5"

You can also do a 4 door leaf swap, and after doing that, you can do an AAL (Add a Leaf)

Good luck!

Dk Exp Help with 2000 Explorer Sport

Hey Charlie: thanks for the help I take it the 31x10.50.16's are a fit on the stock Explorer wheel?

And lastly is there a rear lift that I can buy that gets me 3-4 vs 1 1/2 lift and if so a link and part number would be great. I think I might try 1 3/4 TT then would like a 3-4 lift on the rear.

Thanks again for the help, Redman2:)

Back