How do I replace the headlights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do I replace the headlights?

Hey ya, I just got some new shiny for headlight lenses in... and a third brake light lense... but how do I install them? the 3rd brake light was idiot proof.. but I dont yet see how to get the headlights outta there. It was pretty dark though so maybe it will be easier to do tomorrow.

nick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay..getting pissed off. its dark again.. but this time I have the grill off, the light cluster around the headlight is off... i still cant see how to remove the headlight. I feel like an idiot here...

nick

are you talking about the whoel headlight housing, or just the bulb?

The housing. Give me some credit here. :) hehehe. Im sure the housing is easy too, and im just an idiot. I got everything off but the housing... I cant get to the screws... and it looks like I could turn this thing that looks like a wingnut to let it loose... but I cant get it yet... hmmm

GOOD QUESTION!! I'M WAITING FOR THE REPLIES ALSO!! I'VE LOOKED AT MINE AND HAVE NO FRIGGIN IDEA HOW TO REMOVE THE LENSES!!

I think its impossible.

It's not too bad. The haynes manual says using needle nose pliers, squeeze the plastic cips on the headlight housing and remove from the body.

Back