How do you get power to the crossover? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do you get power to the crossover?

bnichols04

Reaction score
City, State
ypsilanti, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ranger XLT
I want to buy this crossover:
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/KIC03KX2

I want to know how you get power to it. My setup is I have one rca cable running to the back and 2 amps. The rca is split by a high peformance Y cable. One rca to the 200 watt amp and the other to the 700 watt amp. How would a crossover work with my setup. The 200 is for the doors and 700 for the sub

you will run a power ground and remote wire to the crossover. I would recommend running power from the battery with a fuse, running a ground somewhere near you mount it and splicing into the remote wire on its way to your amps for the remote.

You will run a single RCA from your head unit into the crossover and then run seperate rca's from the crossover to each amp. You could run one short rca in and two long ones out and put teh crossover up front. Or one long rca and two short ones and put the crossover in the back.

A crossover will certainly improve the quality of the sound in your system, but i usually don't recommend them unless the other components of the system are a little bigger than what your running. It sounds like your hu only has one set of preouts (which usually means it doesn't have great equalization built into it). You may be better off buying a new head unit that has a built-in crossover and seperate outputs for subs and front/rear speakers. Doing that would most likely give you much more control over equalization while also helping the crossover situation. It would help if i knew which head unit you were running and what kind of door speakers etc. and also what sort of crossovers are built into the amplifiers your running.

I bought my hu from circuti city. It is an awia and the doors are 200 watt 3way pioneers 5x7.

Back