How do you reset ABS light | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do you reset ABS light

Folks,

I saw an OBDII reader at Wal-Mart for about $98. It claimed it would read the ABS codes as well. If it went on sale for Black Friday, I may pick it up even though I already have an OBDII reader.

Hope this helps!

To clear the ABS light

I disconnected the positive battery cable & pulled the PCM fuse,changed the sensor on the rearend, hooked up everything and the light was off.

My fix was to connect the wires to the sensor on the rear. I needed a new connector to do this. I carefully soldered the connections and used heat shrink tubing over each, then both connections.

Once the rear end was properly connected, the ABS light went out and everything worked fine.

Not all OBD2 code readers will read the ABS codes. I had this issue with a different vehicle (2002 GMC Sonoma). I had an Innova 3030 + reader and it showed no codes. I called the company to ask them about this and they looked up the car and said I needed the Innova 3030 f model. That worked and I was able to get the code and needed to replace the sensor.
How to reset Ford ABS light >>

Back