How reliable is the Explorer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How reliable is the Explorer?

i have a 94 x with 166,700 miles on it ant besides the new york rust it has performed great on and off road

The explorer is one of the longest built SUV's on the road. Explorer was around way before Chevy thought of a Trailblazer. One thing Ford does is used "tried and true" craftsmanship into their vehicles. Some people think that they may even be a little but outdated but they stick with what works. I feel much more comfortable buying a Ford Explorer because they have worked all of the kinks out of it by now. Again, this is a biased opinion but I have always been amazed by Ford's reliability.

Honestly good vehicule !

Just had to say I own two explorers a'99 and a 2003 xlt 4.6 at 100 000 km. changed front bearings ,at 170000 km after 10 years the 2003 had transmission problems (I tow a trailer for camping all summer long) changed the 2 servos with parts from AJ1E on side of trans. and it runs great now minor problems are adjustable pedals and rear back-up sensor. I love this truck even after 10 years it runs smooth and quiet!

Back