• Register Today It's free!

Howdy peps

Nhaz

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 4.0 XL
Hello people. I just purchased a 1993 explorer 4.0 XL auto(yuck) 4x4.

Due to my rangers auto transmission(same damn transmission!) going the way they all tend to go.

So the explorer was available at a very good price the owner has every single piece of paper of work done. On which I discovered that the auto transmission had already blown up! And had been replaced. It feels like a brand new transmission.

Its got 167,000 kilometers, its a BABY! and the owners have coated it in almost 1/3 of a inch of undercoating. So rust is almost non existent on the under body.

Its only got 4 issues. of which I have addressed 2 already. First the exhaust and tailpipe rotted off. Already replaced. The ignition tumblers felt rather sloppy. Also replaced.

The two issues left are first the 4x4 push button system is a tad flaky getting it to use 4x4 low causes it to shut off the 4x4 entirely. Not a huge issue.

The second is. IT HAS NO Cruise Control!!. It didnt come from the factory with cruise. I drive Large amounts of highway I want my cruise!

My ranger has cruise. Is it possible to swap the system ?

welcome! This group of people have helped me with EVERY issue I faced with my explorer, you've come to the right place.

I know what you mean about cruise, I used to drive a toyota that lacked Cruise, it was by far the most annoying thing about traveling from northern California to Southern California (and visa versa).. 10 hours of foot cramp.

Back