• Register Today It's free!

I love roadtrips.......

HIX

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Mazda 4.0 4x4 SuperCab
I am 10 hrs into my trip when my rear diff gasket blew out. No problem I just un-packed my tools pulled out the RVT and the gear oil, fix it and I am on my way. Wait a second! Rough idle...hmm. Check to make sure all the plugs are in tight. Turns out two of my Big Money wires had seperated in the plugboot. Damn it! Just replace them w/ the spare set. Start it up. Smooth as glass.

So I'm driving back to Colorado, about 900 miles or so from Denver when I started losing gears. 1st, gone. 2nd, gone. 3rd, gone. 4th, still there. 5th, gone. Reverse, gone. I should mention that this is my BRAND NEW tranny I had put in the week of Christmas. Yes I checked the fluid. So I drove the rest of the way home in 4th gear(If I had to be leftw/ 1 gear at least it was 4th!). I probably need a new clutch too.
Ever tried to start out in 4th gear? It's not fun.

The shop had better put a new one in for free. Or I am gonna call up the BBB and maybe even Tom Martino! Dead Link Removed

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s
"Put the hammer down, she likes it rough!"

Hix,

So what tranny shop did you go through? Sounds like it's been a rough trip.

------------------
Brett Grooms
94 Explorer Sport

Took it to the shop and they are gonna replace it for free. Should have it back by thursday. I went w/ Swiss Auto in Castle Rock. At least I know they will stand behind a job if the mess up!

Now I will still have the dough to install the gears and locker I have sittin in my garage!

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s
"Put the hammer down, she likes it rough!"

Back