Infinity Kappa 57.1cs - perfect fit for Explorer and wallet!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Infinity Kappa 57.1cs - perfect fit for Explorer and wallet!!

wabbit

Reaction score
City, State
Western Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
the white one...
I had originally intended to mount 6x9's in the doors of my '91 Explorer XLT. Being a "can do" kinda guy , I'm sure I could have done it. I spent the day pulling panels, measuring, pre checking clearances for window brackets and door panels. Then I spent the night visualizing the nifty adapter plates I would fabricate, and the cutting I would do to accomodate the adapter plates...
The next morning, I stood looking at my impending project and "dug deep" for the internal fortitude to begin this undertaking. My girlfriend was very supportive and willing to help. She realized my apprehension to chopping up the factory configuration and consoled me with a suggestion: "Can't you just stick the speakers in the hole and wrap them a bunch of times with black tape to hold them in?" This made perfect sense to her(she was with me when I recently bought a ten-roll-pack of black tape)I knew her vision of a successful mounting strategy was beyond the scope of sanity, yet, I thanked her for her input and reminded her that there must be something in town that she needed to go shopping for...
As she drove off, I smartly patted myself on the back for my superior intellect when it comes to things like this. Then I wondered if some higher power, or wiser audio guru, might also consider my plan to be wrapped in a veil of delusion. I concluded this to be a distinct possibility. With all the cutting, fabricating, and all the thinking (I think I think too much...)My devotion of time and energy would render a mediocre installation of a speaker system that would be, well, mediocre at best...
After regaining my senses, I concluded that I deserve a better system, with less hassle!! I put down the sabre saw and went on the internet. Everthing came together. I found the "killer deal!!"
crutchfield.com is currently running a special on the Infinity Kappa series component speakers that will fit perfectly in the standard 5x7 speaker mounting hole. The model is: 57.1cs and includes (2)ea.- 5x7 midwoofers,satellite tweeters,and crossovers. Crutchfields regular price is $299,list at $429.

The current sale price is $179 per pair!!!

If you know speakers, you know Infinity Kappa series are amongst the best. And this is an incredible value at this price. I am ordering two sets to fill the door mounts, front and rear. I avoid the cutting and bracket making,and all the thinking... (And I don't have to use up my Y3K black tape supply.)And I get the speakers I deserve!!
Know what? You deserve them too... Avoid the cutting and bracket making and I've already done the thinking for you. All you have to do is buy 'em!!
By the way, Crutchfield is excellent in providing all the necessary harnesses and instructions for installation in your particular vehicle... for free!! And they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee with free return shipping. Their products ship standard 2 day air and if you are a new customer, you can use me(existing customer) as a referral and get free shipping on your order. Find the Infinity Kappa 57.1cs at crutchfield.com or call at 1-800-955-3000.

Remember to use me as a referral for free shipping. My name is Warren Bacus and my customer ID# is 13050050

i concurr...
infinity kappas are GREAT!
i got a set of the kappa 5x7s and they are kickN!! my only problem is that i blew the tweeters by putting 100 watts RMS in to them (by accident, im not a friggin idiot... my friend sayed "blast this." i turned the sterio all the way, and bam) so i bought new tweeters, 10.1s and 3 days after that, an output transistor in my amp went and the speaker wires transfered DC to the left speaker. burning smell from my kappa! fried... so i have to get a new speaker. and i would just get another set of the 5x7s but i cant return the stupid tweeters (zero return policies suck) so i guess im gonna get the infinity 65.1s cuz im not gonna be able to find just a 5x7

Back