is it worth breaking ?????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

is it worth breaking ??????

kj200sx

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 explorer
hi all new to this site so bare with me basically i have a 1997 r reg explorer and it has a rattle coming from the back of the engine have had a read and seems to be the timing chain causing it and from what i can gather its a common fault what i want to know is there a fix for this or is it something you just have to hope doesnt happen and also how much to put it rite as if stupid money would i be better breaking my car and just buying something else and what sort of money would i be looking at for the car it has side steps and a nearly new 2 piece bull bars which seem to be worth quite abit on there own it also has leather and has former keeper from new and done 136000 miles if anyone can give me some advice it would be much appriciated and its tax till end of this month and mot till jan 2010 thanks in advance everybody

Your correct about this being quite a common fault, and if caught early it's a relatively easy fix and definately worth having done, these are great cars. Duncan off this forum has dealt with these issues for alot of UK owners and it's worth getting in touch with him. here's a link to his ebay site. He's probably forgotten more Ex's than most mech's in ford dealerships over here ever knew

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Explorer...66:2|39:1|72:1683|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

thanks alot have seen his add good to have abit off recomendation will let you all know what i decide to do anyway how much are nearly new bullbars worth just out of curiosity ??? they look like 2 piece cover the hole front cant tex pic if anyone interesrted???

thanks alot have seen his add good to have abit off recomendation will let you all know what i decide to do anyway how much are nearly new bullbars worth just out of curiosity ??? they look like 2 piece cover the hole front cant tex pic if anyone interesrted???

I guess they are only worth what someone is willing to pay really! I see youve decided to sell the Ex on ebay though.

Back