Just bought 2014 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just bought 2014 Sport

kraMFord

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport
Hello -

I picked up a 2014 sport a couple weeks ago to replace the wife's 4.4 X5.
She loves the look of the body style in sport trim and wanted something a little bigger that wouldn't be viewed as "uppity" when on road trips outside the city. She liked the look so much she didn't even care to drive it as long as I was fine with the way it handled.

Only have pushed it a couple times and it's not as nimble as the X5 but sticks as good as needed for what it is, and shows how lacking the seats are in support. Whatever traction/handling controls it has seemed to do their thing without being really intrusive feeling when I went into a corner hotter than it wanted with cold OE tires dated 2014 with 23k on them. New Blizzaks are waiting at the shop to install for ski season once a little cooler temps hit. Looks like this thing has some traction settings for snow and look forward to trying those out.

Power is what we're used to but seems this accelerates more effortlessly than the X5 and has good 60-90 punch for getting around those who think you're a cop or take driving as a secondary activity while behind the wheel. I've gone more than 2 weeks without tuning it so it's time and from what I've read so far Livernois looks to be the way to go? Opinions?

Look forward to wasting some time on a new site and being helpful wherever I can.

Back