k&n cold air intake system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

k&n cold air intake system

STA 88

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 STA
Im thinking about getting a cold air intake system my only concern was do i have to get my truck tuned after its installed??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, it will adjust itself. You can speed up the process by disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes after you put the CAI on.

I'm looking into k&n intake also, which one did you decide to get?

fellas, i have a kn 77 on my 03 sport trac. im getting minimal hp gains if any. i am s a slight increage in mpg. so if youre looking for substantial gains you wont see it by doing the intake alone. you can however get increased mpg with one.

those kn intakes do make your motor sound a whole lot better when you youre gassing it and getting above 3500 rpms.

I'm looking into k&n intake also, which one did you decide to get?

The only Gen 2 Sport Trac intake K&N makes is for the V8. For the Gen 2 V6 you are limited to a K&N replacement filter. Just an FYI.

Not to contradict Johnny, But before my 08 STA, I had an 02 ST that I traded on an 05 STA, both with the 4.0. I bought the K&N CAI for the 02. I swapped the K&N onto the 05. The entire FIPK existed then, don't know if they are available now.

disregard my last. The 02 and 05 are Gen1.

Back