• Register Today It's free!

kkm instal

redman9971

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 limited
ok well i jus got my kkm intake in for my 2000 explorer and reading the directions it says to remove the mass air flow sensor and reinstal it with the supplied bracket. but looking at the bracket it gave me it doesnt seem to fit anywhere and the cone screws right into the place where i removed my stock airbox. i didnt change anything with the sensor i jus left it where it was and it all looks ok and runs fine i was just wondering if there is something else i am supposed to do with this bracket they gave me? Oh andi dont realy see much difference in the kkm and my drop in k&n filter i had before except for mabe a mile difference in mpg, should i be noticing a much bigger change?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just installed mine yesterday. There was a little bolt up near the radiator used to hold a wire in place, straight across the lower bolt on the KKM. The bracket is just there to keep the filter strurdy so it's not flopping the intake around.

I defintaley noticed a difference from just the K&N filter I had in there, especially in top end. When I hit it, the deep rumble is very noticable - I'm diggin it.

thanks for the help

how do you reset your computer?

Disconnect the battery for about twenty Min's. Then just drive your normal style and it will re-learn all the settings.

oh okay, i did that. thanks

Back