• Register Today It's free!

KKM Intake

sailfishford

Reaction score
City, State
Palm beach, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT 4.0 V6 4x4
Looking to do some mods to my 2006 ex 4.0 V6. The first upgrade I am looking at doing is a new intake. I know there is probably threads on this but I cant find them.

I cant find someone that makes a intake for my truck besides KKM. Is it a good intake, where do I buy them from and I also heard it makes a sound difference which I am very interested in. maybe a whistle or something.

if someone could give me some input before I purchase that would be great. Thanks,

P.S. I go through some dirt and sand sometimes when I go offroading. Dont know if that would make a difference. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

honestly never really heard much input from KKM but id think it would work like most intakes do more throaty sound and a bit more throttle response. I think u will enjoy ur purchase. If ur looking for a good cheap mod have you thought about getting a programmer?

I have thought about a programmer but I really just want what you described. A cheap mod, throaty sound and a little better throttle response will defintly do the trick. I appreciate your advice. Do you know if the KKM is any good or if there is another good brand.
Thanks,

well thats the thing... im searching around but i cant for the life of me seem to find one for your year and engine size... you could always give making your own a shot. Ill keep looking tho

Awsome. Thanks for helping me out. I found the KKM Intakes at kustomz.com

yup lol that would be the site just found it off a thread in the forum archives lol do you have a yahoo or msn messenger?

I dont have either. I have AIM but I sign in like once a year.

Hi there you guys okay i was checking to make sure that no bolts came lose on my kkm intake. and i stripped the bolt thats on the aluminum bottom of the intake that attaches to the support bar do you think its okay to leave it or what do i do please help thanks.

$135 for a add on filter? I don't think so! It still is a hot air intake, and does nothing to get rid of the factory silencers which provide a lot of restriction.

^ Have you ever had one? Didn't think so. KKM has always been a long time favorite for every gen Explorer based on price/performance. It's more than an add-on filter. It comes with a very high-quality MAF housing as well. Checkout their website.

Im getting one now!!!

Post how you like it. I dont have one yet but I will shortly just want to know what to expect when I get it.

i sure will:D

didnt mean to double post
but I love it......K&N could have done this for us who have 06 up explorers
but to bad kkm did it
I Just put on on my 2006 v6 yesterday......

now I already have magnflow & sct.....

with idle speed tuned high....my truck move quickly without my foot on the gas(unlike stock it usually sit there)

so with kkm tru rev- you will get a excellent throttle response
and power that your truck lost from that quiet hot stock intake box
I mean my V6 XLT jump quicker than my 06 MUSTANG GT!! no lie

Back