License plate bracket rivets | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

r1cardo97

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hey everyone, my license plate fell off last Friday morning, I didn't notice until I got a call from a neighbor saying she found it on the street earlier; what broke are the rivets that hold down the bracket to the bumper, does anybody know the size of those rivets so I can reattatch my license plate?
I was reading they usually come included with the brand new bracket (which is discontinued), but I dont want to get a new one (neither can find one), just want the rivets (read you need a rivet gun too though).

Hey everyone, my license plate fell off last Friday morning, I didn't notice until I got a call from a neighbor saying she found it on the street earlier; what broke are the rivets that hold down the bracket to the bumper, does anybody know the size of those rivets so I can reattatch my license plate?
I was reading they usually come included with the brand new bracket (which is discontinued), but I dont want to get a new one (neither can find one), just want the rivets (read you need a rivet gun too though).
betore the winchbumper, just got a universal one and drilled holes to make it work. but by all means if you want to stay factory, not sure.

I used plastic bolts and nuts ( homedepot!!)

Back