light mounting solutions?

AaronE19

Reaction score
City, State
Houghton, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
hello all-
I was curious, does anyone make a prerunner or safari bar, or even a brush/grill guard that doesn't look awful (a stipulation that I've come to find excludes most products on the market) for our aging explorers (mine's a '93)? I'm not interested in mounting a winch or anything (she's 160k old, the off road stage of her existance is over for the most part), but I do an enormous amount of middle-of-the-night highway runs and I'd like to have the luxury of spotting deer before their inevitable dash in front of my truck and I'm thinking a nice dose of auxiliary lighting will do the trick. thanx

------------------
'93 2-Door 4x4 4.0 sohc
Dynomax muffler & custom pipe
K&N drop-in
31/10.5 goodyear wrangler gs/a's
platinum 4+ plugs & Accel wires
6-disk and infinity sound all around
will sell my soul to add to this feeble list of mods
...kkm intake, headers, front springs & some slick shocks

Aaron,

The best grille gaurds I've come across for older body sytle explorers are the Smittybuilt Outland gaurds. They look really good. I dunno check em' out on carparts.com.

------------------
James K
1994 Eddie Bauer 4x4
Dead Link Removed
expo1994@yahoo.com

I got mine from a local dealer. This one is from Grizzly and it's of good gauge steel. I mounted the driving lights on the center bar, the lower lights are amber for seeing in the fog. I am sending them in for posting, so hopefully you can see the guard there. (Jeff Nelson 91 XLT)

------------------
91 XLT 4x4
Custom Smoke Grey Paint
Grizzley Brush Guard
Hella lights
146xxx miles and still strong.
..more to come..

Back