Looking for chrome trims... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for chrome trims...

ActiveX

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Sport Trac
Hi all.... I've got an 08 Sport Trac and I'm looking for some chrome trims for the running boards and and the roof rack (see pic), any one know where I can find it them? Thx -ActiveX

explorer_sport_trac_td_01.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could try the dealership, or a local junk yard, even though I doubt many junk yards would have one that new in.

Go to Peppy Boys. They have this chrome tape on a roll.

Try Ebay.

I got my Chrome door handles and mirror covers there.

2647532_29_full.jpg
2647532_28_full.jpg

Cant find anything

I have a 04 explorer limited and want chrome mirror covers and can not find any...could any one help?

I have a 04 explorer limited and want chrome mirror covers and can not find any...could any one help?

Ebay has them. I hate to use them and hate to endorse ebay, but they have lowered the price on hard to find products.

I looked on ebay and can not find them anywhere. Can you show me the link or post it please.

I looked on ebay and can not find them anywhere. Can you show me the link or post it please.
Last I looked they had shells that attached over the stock, some things pop up once in a while and drop off. I did find a chrome trim to fit. Pic and link attached.

,link

191077432_o.jpg

No need to be a smartass. :thumbdwn:

What makes you think he was being a smartass? I thought he offered a decent alternative. Sometimes the most obvious solution to you might not be so obvious to another.

What makes you think he was being a smartass? I thought he offered a decent alternative. Sometimes the most obvious solution to you might not be so obvious to another.
Agree.
This from someone who took the tow hooks from his previous Sport Trac and had them chrome plated by one of the best chrome shops in the nation....for $225. :eek: Luckily I happen to live nearby.
I hear they can do plastic now. Probably ain't cheap.

www.paulschrome.com

CHROME TAPE ON A ROLL IS NOT AN ALTERNATIVE! That sounds like a smartass comment to me. :rolleyes:

Back