Wanted looking for parts

Parts or services wanted

Radio-Active

Reaction score
City, State
Hillsboro, Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
I am looking for a couple of things for the 02' trac.

1. the low profile cross bars for the roof rack. (will the cross bars from a reg explorer work?)

2. I am in need of new locks w/keys for the folding tonneau cover.

If anyone has a part numbers for these items that would be great too. I have tried the ford site and come up short. :scratch:

Yes the explorer factory crossbars are the same. Here's what they look like.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-2002-2003-2004-2005-FORD-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC-ROOFRACK-CROSSBARS-HDWE-/390400504942?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae5aef46e
I think I found mine a little cheaper than that. I know a lot of members have other styles because they are lockable and the factory ones are not.

As for the tonneau cover, I checked the website and all they show is the latch assembly and the lock cover, not the actual lock. Because it is supposed to match the door locks, it may be the same as one of them. Why is it you need new locks?

essendon22 thanks for the reply,
The link you posted is the same one I had on my watch list. They will be purchased in about 2min. As for my locks the key will go in, but it will not turn. Plus the cables are buggered up as well. Looks like some one had been using vise grips to pull on the cables. Thanks for the info.

Oh in that case I can help! I had the same thing with mine when I got it. It's not the actual locks you need but the cable assembly. Part # 1L5Z-99286B60-AA is what is printed on my work order from the dealership. $63 for the part. If you have them put it on though it's $200 in labor. I had a warantee that covered mine thankfully. Mine was the latch closest to the back window. The other one worked fine. If yours is the rear one you might want to check with them on part number as it may be different. Your local dealership should be able to look that up. I've found they are pretty much the same cost as you can find OEM parts like that online. It's the labor where they get you.

Back