Low Side Pressure Shoots Up | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Low Side Pressure Shoots Up

I also suspicion you have a blend door issue. Your low side should produce air colder than what your vent temps are.

Further advances!
When I drove to work this a.m. the temp dropped to 48 degF. I can live with that, granted the ambient was 72, but if I can get the vent in the 40's I'm happy. The difference was the air over the condensor akin to your fan.
I've eyeballed the blend door cam it appears to be working and I can hear the door closing - but no heat. I re-examined the heater hoses the top one is hot the lower one warm. I flushed the system last month, my current theory is the heater's blocked. Everytime I get a new load of antifreeze in, three days later I have to take it out.
Finally, I had a thread last year trying to figure out what a lozenge shaped part was. See attachment1. Well it's a vacuum reservoir for a vacuum motor behind the glove box. The motor controls the outside/recirc air door (attachment2). Whenver the A/C is in max the motor engages and closes the door. I guess the rest of the time it's always open.
Plan C for this weekend is to drop 2 psi on the suction side and monitor vent temp. I'll repeat in increments until a negative change occurs. With any luck my compressor will start cycling also.
Thanks again for all the assistance, without this forum I would have traded this in on a two seat sports car.

Attachments

• Glovebox.JPG
    Glovebox.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 294
  • AC Res.JPG
    AC Res.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 291

Back