Lower intake manifold bolt threaded - how bad? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lower intake manifold bolt threaded - how bad?

So I finally got around to sorting this out.

I couldn't find a kit on Amazon that didn't have a ridiculous delivery date so ended up getting one from NAPA. Brand was 'Fix-A-Thread'. It included the coils, insert tool and tap. I had the 1/4 inch drill bit required.

Size is indeed M6x1. I used some Loktite Red 271 sparingly on the outside of the coil before inserting. Once inserted I spun one of the screws in and out a couple of times, wiping it off in between to remove any Loktite that bled through to the inside of the coil.

Let it cure overnight and was able to install the lower intake and torque all bolts to 10 foot pounds no problem.

Thanks for pointing me towards the solution and what size I needed. I was a bit nervous at first but it's fairly straight forward if you take it slow, one step at a time.

So I finally got around to sorting this out.

I couldn't find a kit on Amazon that didn't have a ridiculous delivery date so ended up getting one from NAPA. Brand was 'Fix-A-Thread'. It included the coils, insert tool and tap. I had the 1/4 inch drill bit required.

Size is indeed M6x1. I used some Loktite Red 271 sparingly on the outside of the coil before inserting. Once inserted I spun one of the screws in and out a couple of times, wiping it off in between to remove any Loktite that bled through to the inside of the coil.

Let it cure overnight and was able to install the lower intake and torque all bolts to 10 foot pounds no problem.

Thanks for pointing me towards the solution and what size I needed. I was a bit nervous at first but it's fairly straight forward if you take it slow, one step at a time.
No problem bro glad you got it solved

Back