Lowering Blocks

kimble18

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport
I have a 99 explorer sport 4wd

Has anyone heard of lowering blocks that are bigger than 1 3/8" that EE has? Also a front coil-over that could complement a 3" block.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For the second link, when you open it at the top of the chart is a box saying: search by part number. type 4797 in the pop up and it'll come up as 2" lowering springs from a ranger

Hopefully this will help...This is what I'm running.

Lowering keyways: Product number Key-FR98DROP...$49.00
Airbagit.com

Bumpstops: Energy Suspension Part # 9-91023 (2 per pack and you need 2 packs) $8.99ea. Jegs.com

Shocks: Nitro Slammers $42.02ea for the fronts (call and they will make them custom for your 2" drop) Doetsch-shocks.com

Alignment cams: Ingalls Part # IEC-29000 $25.39ea (you need 2)
Summitracing.com

2" lowering block kit: Part # DJM-LBZLK $28.95
Summitracing.com

Couple things to note:
You don't need to change your shocks in the rear because the mounting points don't change. (I do reccommend you change them out for a better ride though. I plan to change mine out soon as I have 59k on mine now).

The alignment cam kit I have listed is a kit alot of people on this site use and one I found after the fact. I went to my local parts store and just bought a cam kit that just came with 4 adjustment cams. The Summit kit includes bolts. I paid $40.00 for my kit and have had 0 problems with getting it aligned.....and I didn't have to remove the bolt, just the nut and cam on the end.

The DJM lowering blocks come with alluminium blocks. Although I haven't had any problems with them I do plan to change them to steel ones at a later date (just for piece of mind).

And finally the bumpstops...The rear went right in the rear holes where the old bumpstops came out. In the front however the factort holes are to small. My simple fix was to remove the factory bumpstop and mount my new ones on the lower control arm where the old one made contact...just had to drill a couple holes.

Make sure you get an alignment as soon as your done...Hope this helps.
If I left anything out or someone has a better way to go feel free to chime in.

Later I'll be adding a larger Addco swaybar to the rear, soon as I find a good price on it.....Probably Summit or Jegs.

1" Sway bar: ADDCO Part # ACO-633 $168.95
Summitracing.com

Holy smokes man

Thats so awesome thanks a ton
Thats such a big help
I have been kind of lost whether to lift or lower and that totally just nailed it for me thanks again

I'll let you know how it goes

No problem...Let us know how it turns out.

Back