Market Research: 07+ Sport Trac, 06+ Explorer & Mountaineer 52mm Gauge Pod | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Market Research: 07+ Sport Trac, 06+ Explorer & Mountaineer 52mm Gauge Pod

psycareyo

Reaction score
City, State
Plattsburgh, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 STA Supercharged
We have plastics molding company in the city. I've approached them about making a double gauge pod a pillar for the second Gen ST and 06+ explorer/ mountaineer. This would be a direct replacement part for the OEM. Pop the OEM off and pop the new one in. It would be ABS plastic and it would be the factory tan/camel color.

Would you guys find this usefull? I know people with beefed up vehicles would probably jump on these. Especially since the Aeroforce Interceptor can monitor trans temp on our trucks now and are OBDII scan gauges.

I was thinking of also making an adaptor for a 52mm pod that converts it into a ScanGauge II pod.

It would probably be over $175.00+ for the part.

This is pretty expensive so I will be researching this for awhile before doing a mold.

What do you think?

I'm interested!

Wow, can't believe that no one replied to this. I've seen other posts in my search where someone was looking for one.

Did this ever go anywhere?

The problem is most people who have these vehicles don't really do much for modifications or want to spend much money on what they actually do. I looked high and low for an A pillar pod set up for my gauges. I actually decided to take a Dodge truck dash mounted pod from Autometer and modified it to fit my dash. It sits up on the dash right above the gauges behind the steering wheel. I have it modified now and the sending units mounted for the gauges. I just have to slow down enough and find time to wire everything in. I had Autometer make a set of three custom gauges for me. I used the Phantom IIs to match our LED gauges and had them put the bezels for the Pro comp Carbon gauges on them. They look good, I then painted the whole pod with the Plastidip black coating. It matches the dash almost identically and does not reflect light like the molded in color plastic does. The gauges I had done were water temp, oil pressure and transmission temp... I plan to also strip off the color on the back of the factory gauges to give a nice clear white glow to match the Autometer gauges. Another idea would to have an insert made to replace the center dash insert above the radio. A couple of gauges in a nice bespoke pod would look good up there... :usa:

i also posted about a company that can do these oem replacement parts. mx-3.com had these made, yet no one replied...to my thread

Back