• Register Today It's free!

Mountaineer keyless entry code

jefferytoo

Reaction score
City, State
Weatherford, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Where on the Mountaineer would i find the Rap module that has my Keyless entry code on it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If its the same as the explorer its in the rear of the truck where the jack is. Open the door and look inside the compartment looking towards the front of the vehicle. There is a little black box with a white sticker on it which should have the code printed on it. A flashlight will help a lot in viewing it.

I've looked and its not there... i'm wondering if its behind my passenger airbag like it is in my 01 sport

my 04 explorer is located in the rear passenger door side C pillar.. just pull the plastic back and take a look, it's below where the seat belt buckle harness .. slide a mirror in, it works great so you don't have to pull the entire molding off.. it's a 5 digit code stuck on the computer module / RAP....

my 04 explorer is located in the rear passenger door side C pillar.. just pull the plastic back and take a look, it's below where the seat belt buckle harness .. slide a mirror in, it works great so you don't have to pull the entire molding off.. it's a 5 digit code stuck on the computer module / RAP....

I'll add that there are two modules in there. Look at the lower. The code numbers are about 1/4 inch so they're pretty easy to see. I like the mirror idea. For me it was a tug on the molding and a flashlight.

Back