Mounting factory tow hooks

Clusterpup

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Miami, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport Trac 4x4
I have a set of tow hooks and I need to mount on my truck. I looked in my Ford manual for tow hooks but there isnt anything in the index. I've been looking on here and havent found anything. Anyone have a diagram or a good photo of their tow hooks so I can see how they mount?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Steve.

I actually have all the parts and I did find that thread here when I was searching. The thing I'm wondering is what the two black brackets are for?

IDK, I used the nut plates/bolts and hooks is all.

ok cool, I will slap those suckers in on Saturday. Planning on taking the trac wheeling on Saturday evening to test out my new locker. Probably gonna get stuck so I need those hooks. :D

Thanks.

sweet, you just got lockers on your ST? i just emailed aussie about which one of their lockers fit my 03 ST. let me know how they work for you out there if you go wheeling this weekend. i want to know if theyre worth puttin on my trac.

Thanks Steve.

I actually have all the parts and I did find that thread here when I was searching. The thing I'm wondering is what the two black brackets are for?

The brackets just go on the back side before you put the nuts on the bolts to strengthen it.

Well, I'll see how well they work when I get stuck on Saturday cause I'm sure thats gonna happen.

Back