Mralternator.com ACTUAL output.. Experiences??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mralternator.com ACTUAL output.. Experiences???

debutis

Reaction score
City, State
austin, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 eddie bauer
Putting quite a big setup in my car and going to need the extra power. Mralternator.com has some extremely good prices on the higher output alternators, but are they actually as powerful as they rate them?? I heard from someone that the 200amp alternator actually only puts out 125amps.. If this is the case, I would like to continue to look for another high output alternator. Do those of you with an alternator from mralternator.com actually see the increased power output? Are they actually what they are rated to be??

I have heard good and bad about mr alternator. The main problems I have heard were low voltage at idle and such. Go here http://www.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubbiquery.asp and search for mr alternator. I got like 132 hits. There is also information on alternators from ohio generator, and Dom there. They are more expensive but may be worth it depending on your needs and reliability expectations.

Back